Technology is improving so fast, competition is so fierce, and clients are so demanding. This pushes most of the companies to keep expanding and raising the bar but sometimes they tend to forget the basics:business success is initially built on long term relationships and outstanding experiences. Anything else is a plus!
- Clients want to feel greeted and welcomed, all the time.
- Clients need to be well listened to
- They want to know that your business will be there no matter what happens
- They want to know that you care about their concerns
- Technology is important to them but who’s behind the screens is more valuable to them; tools are there to speed up the process not to replace human beings
- When they came to you, you promised a great service; make sure you maintain it
- Long term relationships mean bonding outside work. You don’t have to become best friends but you must be flexible and understand that clients are human and have their ups and downs
- Do you know their birth dates, best hobbies, best places, favorite time to meet, name of their beloved ones, or you are just looking at a number?
- Have you seen your clients outside work? Have you ever had a business lunch, an outing with the families, shared a hobby in the weekends?
- Do you call your clients if there are no financial balances to be closed?
- Do you only send them newsletters or you also share with them specific posts or emails that could be of their interest?
- You may send that email, but a parallel personalized phone call will make a difference…
What kind of experience are you providing your clients; from calls, to meetings, to digital communication to relationship outside work? People forget your price, product quality or even campaigns...but they always remember how you treat them and make them feel.
Keep thinking long term, keep giving clients outstanding experiences, and most importantly, keep expanding!
Jade W. Dagher
Business & Wealth Strategist
Certified Management Consultant ©