Is your productivity dead? Here's the process for resurrection...
Below is a basic step by step approach to improve productivity in a business:
- Assess the business from all angles; departments, people sales, financials, workflow, marketing, etc.
- Draft a plan of action steps to be done as corrective measures to improve the business
- Get the vision of the owners as clear as possible to all team members
- Select the key people to become change agents
- Discuss the strategy to be implemented with each key person and get their feedback on the expected outcomes and obstacles
- Reshape the action plan
- Share the strategy with all key people
- Get everyone’s attention towards crystal clear goals
- Draw timelines for each action to be done
- Make sure everyone is accountable for the success of the implementation
- Draft clear key performance indicators to measure the process
- Schedule the follow up dates on each major step
- Make sure regular meetings are implemented to assess the results
- Keep updating and correcting the strategy until you feel the results are matching the action plan
- Make sure you reward every department for their contribution and surely be firm with the low performers
- Follow up, follow up follow up otherwise nothing will happen!
- Repeat the process infinitely
Jade W. Dagher
Business & Wealth Strategist
Certified Management Consultant ©